Serve these succulent barbecued lamb kebabs, full of flavour the bacon helps to keep them moist and tender
Fused with the creaminess of yoghurt, the spicky kick of harissa kicks in and the Moroccan rub adds a unique and delicious taste.
- 1 cup double cream yogurt
- 2 teaspoons of Harissa paste ( add more for extra spice)
- 2 pounds lamb, cubed
- 1 packet streaky bacon (12 pieces)
- 24 dates, pitted
- Wooden skewers, soaked in water for 1 hour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¾ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
Mix all together in a bowl until well combined
- Start by mixing the yogurt with the harissa paste, until you are happy with the flavour and spiciness.
- Cut the twelve rashers of bacon in half , Wrap the dates in the bacon and set aside.
- Feed the skewer with two pieces of lamb and then a bacon date – repeat until the skewer is full
- Once the kebabs are ready, liberally season with the Moroccan rub, and then baste with the yoghurt marinade.
- Retain some of the harissa yoghurt to use as a dipping sauce.
Barbecue the kebabs slowly over medium-hot coals; baste each time you turn with the paste, until you’ve got good caramelized coating and the lamb is soft and tender