Not only is it simply delicious, but it’s also dead easy to make! A base of coconut biscuits holds an indulgent filling of whipped cream, caramel and sometimes condensed milk… topped off with peppermint essence and low carb chocolate. What’s not to love? Ingredients
• 1 ½ cups keto almond flour
• 4 tablespoons desiccated coconut
• 1 tablespoon powdered sweetener of your choice
• 4 tablespoon salted butter
• 1/3 cup double thick cream
• 1/3 cup salted butter
• 2 teaspoons swerve
• 1/2 cup low carb chocolate, grated (easiest to grate after refrigeration)
• 1/4 teaspoon peppermint essence
• 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
• Preheat your oven to 356 F
• Mix the dry base ingredients until combined well
• Melt the butter and mix thoroughly into dry ingredients.
• Pat the resulting moist crumble into the base of a serving dish.
• Bake the crust for approximately10 minutes until slightly browned.
• Set aside to cool.
• Once cool place a layer of the base mixture at the bottom of your desired dish, (or glass for individual servings)
• Melt the butter in a small non-stick pan over medium low heat and let it cook until it is a light brown color.
• Add the cream, swerve and whisk until sticky texture and the sauce has thickened. Approximately 1 minute
• Remove pan from heat and continue to stir until it has cooled slightly.
• Keep the caramel warm to mix into the filling.
• Take refrigerated chocolate and grate into small pieces.
• Whip the cream until nearly stiff, fold in the caramel and peppermint essence and chocolate this works best if the caramel is still warm
• Spread the caramel and whipped cream over the coconut base and sprinkle over remaining crushed chocolate to serve. Garnish with chopped mint.